Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Purdue Envision Center

Today we had lecture in the Purdue envision center and to be honest I was quite impressed with all the latest technology we had. What I was most impressed with was the immerse 3-D technology and the CAVE technology. I wasn't quite sure what to expect but when I put the glasses on it made a world of a difference. At first it gave me a headache and I wasn't sure how to react but after a while I got used to it. The graphics weren't all that impressive given an x box 360 or play station 3 had three to four times more impressive graphics but the 3-D effects and real life feeling was very good. It really seemed as though chairs were popping out at you and all sorts of things could be reached out and touched like ordinary objects in real life. I was most impressed with the immersed feeling you got when just looking around at the 3D environment as a whole. I cant wait to see how this system will keep improving with age.

No comments:

Post a Comment