Sunday, December 13, 2009

Poster Presentation


I have to admit that despite my initial reactions upon starting this project; I really ended up enjoying this. It was much different than any other presentation I have presented given I couldn't use my traditional medium, power point. Moreover, I was very close to many other people presenting at the same time and sometimes I would get distracted and forget what i was saying. Thirdly, I had to present my entire presentation in under a minute so I really had to speak fast, efficiently, and get my ideas and points across very quickly. One thing that did catch me off guard was since I was positioned near the back, for the first 25 minutes or so there was nobody coming back to look at our presentations because everyone would start near the front, send their 3 tweets and leave so I was a little disappointed I didn't get to present my ideas to more people. I found out many interesting things that people presented and I believe the class as a whole did a very good job and took this project seriously. It was a lot of fun and I would definitely have your class do this again next year. Here is a picture of the technology I chose to talk about and shows someone playing guitar hero via the use of just his hands! i.e. (air guitar!) Here is a link to the full length video.
http://www.technologyreview.com/computing/23813/?a=f


No comments:

Post a Comment